With Christmas rapidly approaching, it will soon be time to order your Christmas poultry. There has been plenty of what I call 'scare mongering' in the press recently, mainly suggesting lack of food at Christmas, either no CO2 or no lorry drivers to transport the goods. We have been dealing with the same farms for many years, all of which have plenty of stock. Transport is also not an issue, as they have their own delivery drivers. So I ask that you order as you normally would.
A few guidelines:
1) We only take orders for poultry, these will be taken from 8th November. Please call the shop 01214271252 to order, as you will need to be given an order number. All other meats can be collected at the same time as your poultry. (Please do not panic, as we have sufficient stock)!
2) The last day for Xmas delivery will be on 23rd December. Please give at least 48 hrs notice, to allow us time to prepare your order. We ask kindly, that you only ask for delivery if you are PHYSICALLY UNABLE to come to the shop. We are only a small team and only have one delivery vehicle.
3) The website will be unmanned from 19th December, so please call the shop for any queries.
4) There will not be NO click and collect service this year.
5) Last year we provided a collection only point at the rear of the shop, unfortunately this will not be provided this year. (Various logistical problems occurred, thus making it unviable). Collection will therefore run from the front of the shop as of previous years.
6) We ask that you please be courteous to other shoppers, who still have concerns with COVID. This is still a huge problem! So we ask that you kindly wear face coverings and keep a safe distance from others whilst in the shop.
Any questions please feel free to give us a ring.
We pride ourselves on top level customer service, after all the business would not exist if it wasn't for you. We have nearly 150 years of experience working at the shop with the 5 members of staff.
Established in 1938, we have seen many changes in the last 81 years! Originally owned by Mr Eddie Brown, he brought all four sons into the business. Having 4 shops in total. In 1995, the brothers branched off to do their own different things in the butchery trade, leaving our famous Roger Brown to build a successful business in Harborne. His idea, to bring top quality ethically reared produce to the area under the belief that, 'you are what you eat'. This included grass-fed beef from Shropshire, free range Packington pork, Welsh Salt Marsh lamb (available July-September), Welsh border lamb, free range chicken, ethically reared veal, wild game, free range Christmas poultry. All of which are outdoor reared and free from growth promoters.
We also produce our own sausages on the premises, using only the finest prime cuts of shoulder, leg and belly. 82 years later, our founder, Roger Brown is still making them along with his son Jason Brown.
6 years ago, Roger closed our shop in Lonsdale Road. This being a combination of lack of off-street parking and a shop that could not be adapted to today's high standards of food hygiene. Moving the entire business to his shop at Northfield Road. This having a free off-road car park.
In the last few years, Roger has taken a step back from the business as retirement beckons. Leaving myself Jason Hyde (32 years working for Roger) and Jason Brown to keep the business running to the high standard it has become.
Who we Supply to
Fancy a meal out? Then let us recommend restaurants that offer our high quality meat:
- The Plough, Harborne
- Buonissomos, Harborne
- Harborne kitchen, Harborne
- Henry Wongs, Harborne
- Maison Mayci, Moseley
- Tropea, Harborne
- Paul@41, Harborne
- 1000 Trades, Jewellery Quarter
Us in the News
Jason Hyde gives a master class to Kitchen School, Birmingham on Salt Marsh Welsh Lamb:
Jason Brown on what it takes to produce excellent sausages and what makes Brown's sausages so good:
R BROWN LIMITED
6 Northfield Road
Registered in England and Wales
Company Registration Number: 03080946